Sunday, October 13, 2013

Memory, Morality, and Wilting Flowers

Memory is a weird thing. I was asked for my opinion on memory today. Lots of things came to mind, but the most mind consuming was thinking of memory in regard to the nature of the self. Are we a sum of who we have been, or are we who we have become? I feel like the entirety, from point B(irth) to point D(eath) is who we are. I believe that, but it's interesting to think I am something that extends into the future, that I am not only who I am, or who I have been, but who I will become as well. And even then, I only feel that is sufficient enough if you include aspirations and intentions.

That's another thing that piqued my interest today. It's not that I haven't thought about whether the ends justifying the means or not, but whenever I do think about it, I'm always pleased with where I stand. It's nice to be reassured by one's self. I feel that the intention of the individual weighs heavier than the result, as far as judgement goes. I also, however, don't feel like I'm fit to judge in the least, partially because I can't know someone's true intentions, and partially because there's no way I could store enough information to make a well enough informed decision. Mostly, I'd say it's because I don't have myself sorted out, though.

I spent almost all of my free time the past week working on my game. It was a lot of work. I have made some wonderful progress. I'm not even close to being finished, but I've got to the point where I'm working on the instructions of how to play, and that's a good place to be after about a week, I think.

Additionally, I've been thinking of what I want to write about for National Novel Writing Month. I've got a few ideas. I'm looking forward getting back to the keyboard.

Reading has been set lower than the production of my game, in regards to my priorities. I haven't stopped, but I'm still on The Glass Bead Game.

Anyway, I feel like I'm on to a few things. Hopefully they are not simply blooming flowers, waiting to wilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment