Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Book 1, "Buried on the White House Lawn"

How appropriate to come to this page around election time. I'd like to think that I'm really political, but I'm not. I understand that government is important, and it's a really interesting topic to talk about and to study. I just don't feel like I can make a difference at this point in time, so I'm not investing all my spare time into research on the matter. This'll be the first election I get to vote in and I'm disappointed that I'm not excited about either of the main candidates  although it seems there isn't usually an overwhelming attraction towards one or another. How I've interpreted it is usually it happens to be there's a heavy detraction from one that sways your vote in the other's favor.

I'm not a fan of how our government works, but again I'm not well learned on the subject and it does work. I enjoy the life I live now, and I live in this country, so on a very selfish and personal level things are working for me. I feel like over time my opinions will mold and shape to fit someone with actual world experience that can have concrete opinions about these important matters, but for now I'm content. I hope I stay that way for as long as possible.



---

Words that rhyme, or that are supposed to rhyme, with lawn find themselves at the top of the page. Most are crossed out and difficult to read.

Buried on the white house lawn
rests their catalyst pawn

Buried on the white house lawn
Our savior from it all lies gone

Buried on the white house lawn
we awake to it all at dawn
                    (it's)
Burried on the white house lawn
manafests their ingenious con


Buried on the white house lawn
I will see you anon
existing in zion

---

Again, interested in politics, but I don't feel like I have any footing to argue anything one way or another without the opportunity to gain some background in advance. I did read the entire Wikipedia article on leadership, which I found really enjoyable and would recommend to anyone interested in the dynamics of leading people. In an attempt to interest you, here's one of the most interesting portions of the article.

"...one should question why they are being subjected to a will or intellect other than their own if the leader is not a Subject Matter Expert (SME)."

No comments:

Post a Comment