Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book 1, "Every Drop of Rain"

In the post before this I was questioning whether I was love struck while writing the poem that found it's way onto that page of my journal. I definitely remember writing this one and I was indeed enamored by a girl. Every day of (about) the last two years of my time in high school I would text this girl that was introduced to me. Everyday I would wake up and send her a text reading "Goodmorning beautiful." She would then respond and we'd just keep up a dialogue the whole day. We never dated but she was a really good friend and there was a large part of that time where I was crushin' on her pretty hard. She did eventually get a boyfriend and my morning texts became frowned upon, so we stopped texting. I've run into her now and again and it's always pretty cool. We talked for a little bit recently and that was nice, good to hear voices from my past. Well, here's some poetry about a girl I mainly knew through my phone.



---

Every drop of rain ever fallen from the sky
could not judge how much I want
to be your guy.

It is you miss that I want to kiss
And this first kiss will be pure bliss

I hope not to sound meele? with the
words I speak

*Every shining star and glowing light
could not measure how much I want
to be with you tonight

Every rain drop drop of rain is a thought of you
Every grain of sand is a wish for two
Every Blooming flower, a dream come true

And Every night [in its own right / just so right / word I write] (Not a clue) every shining star and glowing
light could not measure up to how much I want wish
to be with you tonighte

And In this bliss
their exists one thing amiss
we have yet to share a single kiss

And even then
every word I pen
They are all for you, again and again

---

The only stanza that I'm alright with in Past Justin's poem is the 5th. Not to shabby, at least compared to the rest. I really have no idea what I was trying to do in the 6th. The "in its own right / just so right / word I write" part confuses me and no matter how I look at it I'm not 100% certain what I was trying to say. I think, maybe, that those parts would have gone with the "Every night" part that didn't make it to the final version. I like the verb "to pen." Maybe it's because I'm so often using the word "write" that any change is refreshing, but even here it stands out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment