Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Book 1, "Names"

Names are difficult to come up with for almost anything. Children, pets, and especially characters. I don't know if I realized that when I wrote out the names for this page, but I know for sure that it helped me early on. It prevented me from using names like Billy, John, Joe, Jane, Sarah, and common (normal people) names. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The names of my characters have so much more depth than it seems on the surface. They are usually (not in every case) one of the first things that a character receives at birth. The name plays a large part in shaping the character. I have since been able to include the of use normal names in my writing, like with Kevin and Carl: The Inseparable Amigos. If I do that, I have a reason for it. If the name is something like Rash, there's more to it than simply something that sounds good. You'll learn more about those characters in later journals, I don't want to spoil too much! For now here is the list Past Justin constructed for us.


----

Tutela
Celox
Velox
lettera
Word
Sententia
Humilis
Pius
Valens
durus
Carina
traba
nare-Float
Rutum
Caedo
Pupusi

---

I believe that most of those are English words or ideas run through a translator to provide something cooler sounding. Anyways that'll be it for this post, the next one is lining itself up to be pretty hefty. Thanks so much for reading my blog by the way, it means a lot and I appreciate every last one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment