Sunday, February 9, 2014

Disney

Me and Jeremy have decided to have ourselves a Disney movie marathon. I suggested that we don't attempt to watch them consecutively, because that would be awful. Instead, I think we're going to watch just one or two a day until we get through them all. Disney movies are good things.

So far we've watched:


I didn't remember Pocahontas at all. I ended up liking it more than I remember, but it still falls closer to the bottom of the pile (beating only The Rescuers in the above). A big reason behind that, I think, is that they end up separating in the end of the movie. When I think about it, I like the idea of that. A Disney movie that is very much a Disney movie about love where it ends up not really working out in the end. Turns out I just feel like it should have worked out in the end when I watch it. Difference between the idea of something and the reality of it I guess.

My favorite was The Great Mouse Detective, followed closely by The Emperor's New Groove and then Robin Hood. It's a lot of fun to re-watch these old movies. It's crazy how much of them I remember, usually (looking at you Pocahontas). Looking forward to getting into some others. Jer just recently had a huge order of 'em ship over.

I've made a lot of progress with my game. I think I've got the cards down to where I want them. From here out I think it'll just be tweaking rules (and maybe small bits about the cards) and attempting to provide a theme. Exciting stuff.

I started reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, whose full name is Clive Staples Lewis, in case you didn't know. It's really, really good. I would definitely recommend it if you're at all interested in the idea of God. It's been the wood to the fire in the thoughtplace of my mind.

I also wrote a bit this past week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment