Monday, August 6, 2012

Book 1, "Inbreeds?"

This is odd. After having read what Past Justin had written I thought I had attained a pretty clear idea of what old me was thinking. I imagined a steampunkesque world fueled by this liquid light. This liquid light would be the veins of the fictional civilization and the centerpiece to the fantasy. I had no notion of any fantasy creatures as I read through this, but after reading this and looking back I can see that the source of the golden flecks of light from the blurb about the lake could have been a fairy of sorts. I have no solid ideas of where this liquid light comes from. The first piece about the group of gathered people and the capturing of the light I figured was where the liquid light came from. I thought it was magically captured by the carvings on the rocks or by the people around. I had in mind, after having read it and most likely not while writing it, that the person committing the act of light capture was young and it was his first time. I felt like it was meant to seem dark, but not be dark, to be innocent in a way.

Anyway, it's funny how this talk of fairies took me by surprise.


---

Inbreeds?
Illegal? but still appear?
Fairy dust keeps the boats afloat and you need a constant supply of fairy dust.

Puck- evil fairy (mischevious) <central catalyst
Oberon- King of fairies
Titana- Queen of fairies
Pius- main character?
One clan of fairies in each village provide fairy dust, which allows for flight. Puck is trying to rule the world? or make it run how he wants it to.

---

I guess there's a large chance that this stuff has nothing to do with any of the talk about liquid light. The thing that gets me is the word 'inbreeds' at the top. Why is it there? I can't see how that makes sense to what's on the rest of the page. Inbred fairies? Half-human/half-fairy?

I like the character Puck from most fictions that he finds himself in. He's pretty neat, I think if I didn't like him back then I do now. He's a very well done character and encompasses well the idea of the intelligent trickster. At least that's how I see him now. Not very fond of the fictional race of the fairies anymore. Not very fond of any of the traditional races. They seem so overdone and when people use them I feel like they are missing out on an opportunity to be insanely creative. At the same time though, they are done so many times for a reason. Audiences go into stories with preconceived notions of what the races are like, which can be quite useful. Oh well, maybe I'll end up eating these words cause I'll use orcs and trolls and such in the future. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment