Sunday, June 1, 2014

Transistor, X-Men, and Locke

Transistor- Great game. Super Giant Games didn't disappoint with their follow up to Bastion. Art's amazing, music is fantastic, but most of all, the voice of Royce (Sunkrish Bala) was superb. I would have liked the game without it, but Royce's voice made Transistor for me.

X-Men: Days of Future Past- Good, but not great, follow up to X-Men: First Class. I love James McAvoy as young Charles, and of course Michael Fassbender is a perfect young Eric. I don't think I can see anyone but Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart as their older selves, but I'm pleased to see that it looks like the mantle will be eased along to Fassbender and McAvoy.

Locke- Gah. This movie was phenomenal. I wouldn't recommend everyone see it, but if the idea of an entire movie taking place in a car doesn't immediately turn you away, it'd be well worth your while to check it out. Driving in my car has been a different experience since seeing it, but I doubt that will translate to many, if anyone. This was the first movie I had ever seen at The Loft. It was a good experience. I would, and might, go back.
___

On an unrelated note, here's a drawing I think turned out pretty well. Putting a lot of work into trying to nail down characters. It's a billion times harder than I thought it was going to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment