Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year (Third Attempt at a Self Sketch Enclosed)

There are times when I need to sit down and write a post, but I won't have anything to say, and I bet that's been pretty obvious a couple of times. There are other times where I'll have something that I really want to say, but I wouldn't want everyone to see it. Those are the instances where it's the hardest to write for this site. My thoughts tend to be elsewhere, but elsewhere entirely, and it's difficult to bring them away for enough time to get down something that isn't about whatever consumes my thoughts.

This is one of those instances, where my mind is glued to something.

Happy New Year, anyway. I hope you had a good time and there were no regrets. Or, maybe regrets aren't all that bad. I don't know, it seems like they are.

I haven't written anything toward my novel all year. There's only about 1/4th I can blame on my glued mind. The other three days have been me trying to cling to different things to relax. It hasn't really worked at all. It just kind of stresses me further, when I don't have any words going down.

On the bright side, I've discovered that Hulu has a bunch, and I mean a bunch, of British television. Not all of it's great, but there's some worthwhile stuff. British actors/actresses are a lot different from American ones. They look different, they act different, and it just seems that the hiring mindset in America is so completely different than the one in Britain. I like it more over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment