Sunday, December 1, 2013

November is Such a Great Month

Not blogging for a month was kind of awesome. It was really nice to not have the deadline looming over my head every Sunday and Wednesday, which was something I never specified, I just kind of started doing. It was really cool to see that there was only one day that went by where I received no visitors to my site. Thirty-one days of no content and I still had people coming to check stuff out. You're all great, and I'm very lucky to have you.

I did a lot this month. I probably should have done far less, but I ended up landing at 32,000 words yesterday, which was 2,000 more than I was expecting. I did write almost every day, showing myself that I can sit down and dedicate myself at least this much. I'd like to have 50,000 words by the new year. I think that's do-able, and I guess we'll see.

I got a new car, which was extremely stressful, but it's done now, and I've got something I like. It's a new and yellow 2013 Volkswagen Beetle. It drives nice, it's got heated seats, and it plays my music like a champ. The whole process deserved its own blog post, but it didn't get one, and I don't think it will.

A friend offered to start teaching me to draw. Happily, I accepted. I've had two lessons so far, and I'm really enjoying it. It's not easy, but it's a lot different than writing. A good kind of different. One of my favorite parts of the lessons so far has been paying attention to art. I've been shown different kinds, and have found some stuff on my own. People are creative, and skilled, and, honestly, a little scary. This too deserves its own blog post, and I think it'll actually probably get one as I move forward with my lessons.

I can't believe that the fall semester is nearly over. It has seriously evaporated. It went quicker than any other semester I've ever had, and I don't think I'm able to just chalk it up to getting older this time. Well, I guess actually that's what I'll chalk it up to. Not being in school has made my entire perception of time shift. It's nothing like it was. Some of that's good, like my free time being predictable and left to me. Some of it's not good though, like how the weeks are blending together and appearing like mirrors in a mirror hall.

I watched some movies which I would have probably talked about, and didn't fall for any women, which I probably wouldn't have talked about. I finished my collection of Sandman, which I'm particularly proud of. I started re-reading Calvin and Hobbes, probably because of my art lessons and an interest in cartoons. I enjoyed Thanksgiving, and my time off of work, though most of it was spent writing.

One of my roommates got an Xbox One, which I hadn't been a fan of until it showed up in my living room. I haven't played anything on it, but the voice commands have been a blast, and screwing with the person playing the game is quite a joy to behold. I haven't picked up a PS4, and I don't plan on doing so for a little while, if I do end up getting one at all. Priorities and such.

I'm sure other stuff happened, but those are the highlights, and probably what would have made it onto this site if I was keeping things current. I'm sure I'll have more later on. Thanks for checking in, and I hope you've been well.

No comments:

Post a Comment